How often do you get cuts? From a very early age, you will be getting into accidents and incidents where your skin gets impacted. A wound is actually anything which causes for your skin to suffer from a certain breakage. It happens because you suffered from an injury. And while in some cases, the healing wounds and cuts may take longer than usual but in others they can very much recover on their own without you having to do anything.
So how this happens is when a wound happens, it actually exposes your internal tissues to the external environment and it can cause infection if you don’t act fast. Cuts and blows are common but that does not mean you don’t have to act on them quickly.
In this article I am going to be taking about ways in which healing wounds and cuts can be done in a faster and healthier way. How to look out for infections and why it matters that you understand wound healing for yourself and loved ones.
So let’s start:
Treating an Open Wound
Your little on has fallen off the bike and you notice a deep cut. You are in a hurried state as you get all the items of the brunch ready before the guests start arriving and you have a deep rash from cutting your finger.
What do you do?
First of all, you need to focus on not panicking . You should know that wounds are common. It all comes down to how are you reacting in the moment. And what are you going to do next?
Here are a few steps and guidelines that you can follow:
- Wash your hands quickly with soap and water
- If the wound is a place where you have are also donning jewelry, the first step is to remove it all completely and disinfect the area
- Now you should be applying a certain pressure to that wound so as to make it stop bleeding
- Then it comes to cleaning the wound with clean and saline water
- You should also examine the wound so to notice if there are any foreign objects and dirt as this will impact with healing wounds and cuts of different kinds
- Applying an antibiotic ointment also helps to prevent any infection
- Then you should be patting the wound dry making use of a clean cloth
- Finally you will have to close the wound
- And do so firmly by applying an adhesive bandage
So these were a few simple steps you can follow to ensure that you are doing whatever you can to make sure the wound is healing faster. Check out some of the leading ways to have it done:
Methods to Healing Wounds and Cuts Faster
The following are some of the effective ways in which you can ensure that you are helping for the wound to heal faster. Apply these:
Using Antibacterial Ointments
A person can make sure the wound is healing when they use some over the counter ointments. There are different kinds out there which help in preventing infections and make the wound heal even faster. But this theory does not apply to every kind of cut you are suffering from.
It is usually effective for minor wounds. But that is not true in every case. You need to look into and understand the kind of wound and cut you have and if making use of a antibacterial treatment is going to make a difference.
So as it turns out, there are many uses for this plant and one of them is helping to heal a wound faster. It comes from the cactus family which means it is very high and rich in different minerals and vitamins.
It has been found that aloe vera can even give a major boost in cellular regeneration. This means it can lead to collagen production and that is what gives a nudge to quick healing. It also consists of various other components which help in healing the first and second degree symptoms.
It is simply done so by applying a thin layer of aloe vera which provides a soothing effect.
Honey and Anti-Bacterial Properties
As it turns out there are major benefits of honey. It also is something which can play a major role in healing your skin. This is because honey is known to consist of antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
These factors make honey a major element to heal your wounds faster. It also works great by reducing the scar formation and controls the appearance of bacteria and infection on the wound. However when making use of honey, make sure you consult a doctor as for major wounds, it may not provide a healing but make things even more complicated.
Using Turmeric Paste
This is an age-old remedy that is known to provide really good and fast results. It is spice which also contains antibacterial and antifungal properties. This major spice which has many growth stimulating actors which allows for the healing process to trigger off sooner.
It was also found that turmeric can lead to an increase in collagen production and you can apply it in a very easy manner. All you need to do is mix turmeric with water and create a paste. Apply a thin layer and then cover it with a clean bandage.
Garlic and Coconut Usage
This is yet another element which has many antimicrobial properties. People have been using garlic to treat wounds for a long time. In fact it turns out creating a garlic paste and making use of it with petroleum jelly allows for your wound to cover properly, and not allow for infection to happen.
Coconut is also one of the most interesting elements which allows for your wound and cut to heal in an effective way. This too acts as a barrier allowing for the wound to heal faster before an infection occurs.
Now that you have a good understanding as to what makes your healing more effective and some ways in which you can speed the process. I also want to share some factors which can actually slow down the healing process.
Factors that Slow the Healing Process
There are a few things you need to keep an eye out for as they will impact and create a barrier to how the wound healing process happens. Make sure you keep an eye out for the following:
- Having dead skin and other materials can impact the healing area and can slow down the process
- In certain cases, if you have an open wound, it can lead to bacterial infections
- Hemorrhage is something which can happen and it is persistent bleeding which can further complicate matters
- Your diet will make a difference. Poor food choices do not provide the nutrients you will be needing to heal. So it is best to avoid soft drinks and junk food as much as possible.
- Age can also make a difference as wounds in elder people take more time to heal
- The kind of medicines you are having impact the healing process too
- Smoking is a major nuisance in the matter and can even lead to complications in the matter
- In case you have varicose veins, it means there is certain restriction to the blood flow and heavy swelling can take place
- If you are suffering from dryness, which means the wound is getting an exposure of air, it will be less likely that it will heal any sooner. In such cases you will be needing to have a moist environment to ensure that the healing can take place as needed
Wounds that Need Attention
While adapting these remedies may make your healing faster but usually those work with simple and minor wounds. However when it comes to chronic wounds, the process can be rather complicated and you will need to analyze the complete situation from a doctor. These include:
- Being immobile
- Having surgery including incisions so you need doctor supervision
- Deep burns can also take place and you need more heavy work done on the wounds
- If you have any underlying medical conditions, they can cause complications
- Certain ulcers will lead to more issues to arise
- Infection of various kinds can also make matters worse
- If you are immobile, then that too can lead to restrictions in blood flow and will need to be seen and looked into by a doctor
Everyone at some point in their lives will be going through incidents and even accidents which subjects them to wounds. This is something very common. But that does not mean you should not be taking on cleaning and healing the wound effectively.
If you don’t do the same, it is likely that you will be suffering from complications and bacterial concerns may take over. Healing wounds and cuts is not a complicated matter either. In this article, I shared some of the best ways in which you need to handle the situation.
How you can actually speed up the process with a few simple remedies and how you need to be aware of some warning signs which ensures that you know how to control the situation in a better way.