What is neuromuscular treatment?
It involves the soft tissue change with the aim to better the muscular and nervous system asscioated chronic pain.
Moreover, let us look at neuromuscular system before getting to its treatment.
Deep Teeth Whitening – Linda Mayers
This is the term used when combining one or more dental treatments to enhance the appearance of your smile.
- In-chair teeth whitening generally involves the application of a whitening.
- Take-home teeth whitening requires a set of custom made trays to fit your teeth.
- Factors such as smoking, poor oral hygiene and diet can affect the longevity of the results.
Five crowns within 48 hours with Salma Kingston
Crowns are needed when a tooth has a significant amount of structural damage and a normal filling would not be adequate.
- Heavily filled teeth that have broken or that are likely to break in the near future.
- Teeth with old amalgam fillings often crack around the filling causing pain when chewing.
The neuromuscular system links the central nervous system to the secondary nervous system, which comprises a neural network. It also involves motor neurons in the spinal cord or sensory neurons.
Overall body movement, supervision of postures, and respiration, the neuromuscular system is vital for health.
Therefore, muscular discomfort can be bothersome in your daily life, particularly if it hinders proper sleep or disturbs you comfort while walking around.
However, there are many methods to relieve these pains, from meditation to herbal ointments, but neuromuscular therapy (NMT) may not be one form.
Neuromuscular treatment (NMT) is a type of treatment of your body reflexes that concentrates on the tension on specific “myofascial” points in your body to alleviate pain.
Moreover, it also acts as a trigger point for myotherapy.
Therefore, doctors at Dr. Amal AlQedrah Medical Center Sharjah assist you in altering your muscles and the activation and initiation of the mechanisms related to it.
Thus the precise, thorough examination and treatment of soft tissue of the body utilising regional protocols, taught step by step, is neuromuscular therapy.
NMT can be well integrated into every practice and environment and its is often included in mainstream medicine, integrative medicine, chiropractic care, and multidisciplinary clinics throughout the world.
Moreover, in some cases, biomechanical, physiological, and psychosocial factors can be the trigger factors of pain and depression, with a close association between these.
Neuromuscular Disorder Complications
Neuromuscular conditions appear to be progressive in nature, resulting in fatigue and muscle weakness. Commonly at birth, certain neuromuscular disorders exist, specific manifest in infancy and some have an adult-onset.
However, this disorder may be transmitted genetically or may be caused by a random genetic mutation due to an impaired immune response, infection, poisoning, toxins, or tumours.
In some cases, neuromuscular conditions have no known cause. Neuromuscular disorders can be classified as:
- Muscular dystrophies: involving muscle cell structure.
- Peripheral neuronal diseases of the motor neurons: involving muscle-controlling nerve cells of the arms, legs, neck, and face.
- Metabolic muscle diseases: involving metabolism errors in the production of energy in muscle cells.
Symptoms Leading to Neuromuscular Treatment
Many neuromuscular conditions have symptoms starting in infancy, while others may arise in infancy or even adulthood.
Subsequently these symptoms may depend on the type of neuromuscular condition affected and the areas of the body involved.
Some of the common symptoms of neuromuscular disorders include muscle weakness that can lead to,
- Muscle loss
- Mobility difficulties
- Balance problems
- Painful sensations
- Droopy eyelids
Neuromuscular disease can form as a result of multiple diseases like,
- Lateral amyotrophic sclerosis (ALS)
- Disease Charcot-Marie-Tooth
- Specific sclerosis
- Dystrophy of muscles
- Myasthenia gravis
- Myositis and dermatomyositis, including polymyositis
- Neuropathy in the periphery
- Muscular spinal atrophy
Neuromuscular disorders may be genetic or triggered by a modification in the spontaneous gene; defects in the immune system may occur that hold risk.
Some of the causes may include:
- Genetic mutation
- Viral infection
- Autoimmune disorder
- Hormonal disorder
- Metabolic disorder
- Dietary deficiency
- Certain drugs and poisons
What do I need to bring for Neuromuscular Treatment?
Our therapists and doctors have a wide variety of training and experience in neuromuscular treatment and care. Moreover, the neuromuscular disorder diagnosis begins with direct clinical observation at Dr. Amal Al Qedrah Medical Center Sharjah, which can detect atrophy or muscle loss of bulk or sound.
Diagnosis and Assessment of NMT
In some neuromuscular diseases, blood tests may determine an irregular level of different chemicals and the blood antigens common.
Electromyography, usually called EMG, is capable of assessing the health of the motor neuron and muscle nerve cell regulation. EMG tests are used in a variety of neuromuscular disorders to treat or rule out.
Pain and long-term symptoms, such as back pain, migraines, and cramps, have been demonstrated to decrease in the therapeutic sessions.
Moreover, despite all the significant issues, this type of treatment is a form of relaxation, ensuring you feel much more comfortable, with your tight muscles becoming decreasingly stressed after a few days.
Neuromuscular tests are combined with comprehensive research, including autonomic, genetic, electrophysiological, imaging, biopsy, and serological testing, which are not available in most neurological clinics.
Our physicians are nationally recognized experts in neuromuscular disease diagnosis and treatment and regularly study neuromuscular disorders to discover new, more efficient therapies.
Moreover, Patients may undergo the following treatment recommended by the specialists at Dr. Amal AlQedrah Medical Center Sharjah;
- Drug Therapy: Immunosuppressive medicines may treat specific muscle and nerve diseases and nerve-muscle interconnection disorders. Neuropathy pain can be treated using anticonvulsants and antidepressants.
- Physical Therapy: Regular stretching exercises can be recommended by the doctor at Dr.Amal AlQedrah Medical Center Sharjah to strengthen the child’s walking ability. Regular, moderate physical therapy in rigid or “frozen” joints may help preserve the range of motion.
- Bracing: Ankle-foot or knee-angle-foot walking braces can help strengthen weak muscles and keep the body stable, preventing contracture progression.
- Surgery: Patients may receive surgical referrals for neurological operations, thoracic operations, or orthopedic operations. It also includes physical, occupational, speech, or refurbishment experts. It also involves the physiatrists, lung health practitioners, or ophthalmologists.
- Assistive Aids: Rehabilitative aids such as canes, walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, and electric wheelchairs can help preserve the stability and independence of the child. Making improvements to your house can often help, such as broadening doors and adding wheelchair ramps. Finally, as the respiratory muscles weaken, a breathing system or ventilator can require the support of the infant.
- Counseling: This also includes referral to the relevant support groups or genetic consultants, if required. If required, it involves further testing by different clinicians, such as physical therapists and nutritionists at Dr. Amal AlQedrah Medical Center.
Benefits to Patients
Neuromuscular treatment is particularly useful when chronic pain is present, and even long-term diseases are also minimized or eliminated.
Furthermore, several of these procedures can also be used for acute and post-chirurgical injuries; others help to improve sports or dance performance and to avoid injuries from these activities.
The patients can experience the following benefits after treatment from Dr. Amal’s clinic;
- Total or minimal pain relief
- Greater versatility and power
- Improved ease of movement and efficiency
- Great posture
- Healthy nervous systems and musculoskeletal systems
- Increased circulation of the blood
- Reduced levels of skin toxins.
- High levels of strength and vitality
Neuromuscular disorders involve the nerves that regulate voluntary movements and the nerves that return to the brain to transmit sensory information.
Neuromuscular treatment of neuromuscular disorders, in combination with aerobic exercises in patients with muscle disorders, will probably be successful in ornamental exercises.
Good awareness of the natural history of each NMD is essential to ensure the optimum scheduling of clinical procedures in these typically vulnerable patients, which must be carried out in the best possible conditions.
Moreover, in essence, the treatment can include non-operational approaches or rising rods, followed by spinal fusion, depending on the condition and natural history. There also needs to be a multidisciplinary approach.
Why Choose Us?
These disorders can be treated with various and essential benefits at Dr. Amal Al Qedrah Medical Center Sharjah, and it’s the best choice for patients with neuromuscular problems.
Dr. Amal Al Qedrah Medical Center provides zero adverse effects of the Neuromuscular Treatment (Click here to read more about it).
We will treat your condition with care and provide you the best results. So book an appointment with the best clinic in your area.
You will require neuromuscular treatment to treat Neuromuscular Diseases or Disorders. Moreover, these are not the disorders of the central nervous system but of the peripheral system and muscles.
Therefore, they affect movement and disturb the function of muscles. However, they can either be diseases of the motor neurons, muscles or nerve-muscle junction.
A Neuromuscular Therapist carries out your treatment.
Neuromuscular Treatment goes beyond relaxation massage. Therefore, it is carried out by Neuromuscular Therapists who have expertise in injury treatment and assessment, rehabilitation and corrective exercise suggestion.
Moreover, Neuromuscular Therapists also deal with sport and health. Therefore, they are quite different than massage therapists.
This entirely depends on your condition. Whether you suffer from severe impairments and or have other medical conditions.
However, you will take re-evaluations for some time to monitor your progress. If required, your therapist might consult your physician to make an effective treatment plan.
The number of sessions also depends on your diagnosis. So, your neuromuscular therapist can only decide this after a detailed assessment while making a rehabilitation treatment plan.
If this is your first time, we will require your medical history. Therefore, if you have any previous test reports or imaging scans bring them along with your medications list.
You should either carry or wear a loose T-shirt and shorts for your appointment especially if you need treatment for the spine.
However, if you want treatment for the foot then it does not matter what you are wearing. On the other hand, especially avoid wearing sweaters and tight jeans.
You can get Neuromuscular Treatment without a doctor’s referral. However, you will have to check if your insurance needs that instead.
Whereas, some insurance companies may not cover the cost of the therapy if there is no referral. Therefore, confirm it with them first otherwise you can get Neuromuscular therapy without a physician’s referral.