A vaginoplasty or vaginal tightening may be a surgery that tightens the vaginal canal and reshapes the vaginal opening. Women who experience vaginal laxity thanks to childbirth or aging may enjoy a vaginoplasty to enhance self-wort, sexual activity, and private comfort.
Procedures included in Vaginoplasty:
Vaginoplasty procedures are surgical treatments to reinforce vaginal tightness. The vagina is meant to stretch during childbirth, however, some women feel as if their vaginal tissue and opening never retract back to its original size and shape. Some women experience vaginal loosening with age and feel uncomfortable wearing tampons or engaging in sexual intercourse. Sexual dysfunction can occur in both females and males and can be treated easily.
A vaginoplasty addresses both excess skin and muscle laxity to enhance the design and appearance of the vagina. it’s common for this surgery to work in combination with other vaginal rejuvenation procedures like a perineoplasty, labiaplasty, or clitoral hood reduction.
During surgery the patient is going to be under general anesthesia although it’s possible to perform the procedure under local anesthesia with a sedative. The patient will lie comfortably on a table with the legs spread apart. Excess skin is going to be removed at the opening of the vagina supported preoperative discussions with the patient.
The vaginal mucosa will then be separated from the vaginal muscles. The vaginal muscles will then be brought together, almost like the techniques used during a abdominoplasty , tightening the vaginal canal. The muscles at the vaginal opening will then be tightened, closing a relaxed vaginal opening. Dissolvable internal and external sutures are going to be wont to close incisions. Visible results are noticeable immediately after surgery although patients will got to wait a minimum of 6 weeks before engaging in any sexual intercourse .
The goal of a vaginoplasty is to deal with sagging vaginal structures, reduced sensation thanks to multiple vaginal deliveries, vaginal deformations, lack of vaginal strength and tone, problems with incontinence, an unpleasant gaping appearance of the vagina, or unsightly tissue protrusion from the vagina.
Immediate Post-operative Care:
- Activity: Avoid strenuous activity for six weeks. Avoid swimming or bike riding for 3 months.
- Sitting: For the primary month post-op, sitting could also be uncomfortable, but not unsafe. Recommendation to use donut ring to alleviate pressure at surgical site.
- Bathing: Resume showering following first postoperative visit, patting incisional areas dry. don’t take baths or submerge in water for 8 weeks post-op.
- Swelling: Labial swelling is normal and can gradually resolve 6-8 weeks post operatively. Swelling could also be aggravated with long-term sitting or standing. For the primary week post-op, applying ice on the perineum for 20 minutes every hour can assist in relieving some swelling.
- Sexual intercourse: You may resume sexual activity 3 months after surgery, unless you’ve got been instructed otherwise.
- Hygiene: Wash hands before and after any contact with the genital area. Shower or wash daily. When washing, wipe from front to back to avoid contamination by bacteria from the anal region. Avoid tight clothing; friction may facilitate bacteria transfer.
- Vaginal discharge: Vaginal discharge that’s yellow should be expected within the first 4-6 weeks post operatively. Bleeding and spotting should be expected within the first 8 weeks post operatively. Soap and water douche should help reduce this. Chamomile or lavender soap can help cleanse the neo vagina also .
- Tobacco/smoking: Avoid tobacco use or smoking 1 month post operatively, as this will interfere with the healing process.
- Diet/nausea/constipation: Begin with a diet and increase to your usual diet as tolerated. Anti-nausea medication could also be prescribed. Narcotic pain medication may cause constipation; a stool softener like Colace can help prevent constipation.
- Pain medication: Postoperative pain is normal, and pain medication could also be prescribed. Pain medication is to be taken as prescribed, and may be switched for Extra Strength Tylenol at any time.
- Dilation: Dilation is a crucial a part of recovery. Dilators could also be provided to patient with instructions regarding dilation within the post-op period.
How To Use A Vaginal Dilator?
- Prior to insertion into the vagina, make sure the dilator is clean.
- Clean the dilator with warm water and antibacterial soap. Rinse well and dry with a clean towel or cloth.
- Apply Surgilube or KY Jelly to the dilator before insertion. Only use water based lubrication.
- Avoid silicone-based lubricants.
- Gently insert dilator into the vagina at an angle of 45 degrees until under the pubis , then continue inserting straight inward.
- Expect to feel a little amount of resistance and tenderness. Stop immediately if there’s an excessive amount of resistance or severe pain.
- Insert the dilator into the complete depth of the vagina (until you are feeling moderate pressure or resistance) and leave in situ for 10 minutes. you ought to be inserting until just one or two white dots remain outside of the vagina.
- Start dilating 3 times daily for 3 months on the day the vaginal packing is removed.
You may start using subsequent size dilator after three months of dilating. you ought to use subsequent size for 3 months.
- Dilation frequency: 0-3 months after surgery 3 times/day for 10 minutes whenever , 3-6 months after surgery 1/day for 10 minutes whenever , quite 6 months after surgery 2-3/week for 10 minutes whenever , quite 9 months 1-2 times a week.
- If the vagina begins to feel tight, increase the frequency of the dilation schedule.
- You should use soap and water to cleanse the vaginal canal after each dilation.
The cost of vaginoplasty surgery obviously varies quite widely from clinic to clinic, state to state.
On average, you’ll expect a bill of anywhere between around $3,500 to $12,000 for the procedure — which can not include additional costs like anesthesia, post-surgery prescriptions, follow-up care and other miscellaneous charges.
A labiaplasty procedure is typically a touch cheaper, averaging between $3,000 to $8,000 across the US.
vaginoplasty before and after
Pros of Vaginoplasty:
Probably the foremost common reason that ladies find themselves signing up for vaginal rejuvenation is that they’ve lost confidence in themselves.
Perhaps you are feeling that you’re not pleasing your partner such as you wont to , that you simply feel ‘worn out’ compared to how you felt in your youth — regardless of the reason, a vaginoplasty is probably going to reinvigorate you and cause you to feel great about yourself ‘down there’ again!
Plus, also as feeling better, your vagina will look better too — particularly if you’ve got a labiaplasty. this may be especially beneficial to women who are self-conscious about how they appear naked.
It Lasts a Lifetime
A major pro for vaginoplasty procedures is that they’re a long-term solution and you won’t got to have a top-up in 3 years or 20.
While the tightness will relax a touch because the years go past, you’ll still stay tight no matter what proportion sex you’re having — the one thing which will negatively affect the results of the procedure has a childbirth .
The Procedure is Quick and Recovery Not Too Long Either
A vaginoplasty is an outpatient procedure which will either be done by a gynaecologist or a plastic surgeon in around an hour.
While there’ll likely be some discomfort after the surgery, you’ll usually feel far better in 1-2 weeks, and ready to return to figure after around 7 days counting on how well your recovery goes .
Most surgeons choose sutures as against traditional stitches, so you won’t got to have them taken out as they automatically dissolve within a couple of weeks.
Very rarely will a patient experience any scarring during a vaginoplasty either.
Possible Increased Sensitivity
Some vaginoplasty surgeons and patients have said that they found their procedure to extend their vaginal sensitivity during sex resulting in better orgasms and just a generally better experience.
Of course, this can’t be guaranteed — good sex comes from a mixture of things , many of which are emotional and psychological instead of physical — but it’s an honest thing regardless!
Cons of Vaginoplasty:
General Surgery Risks
Whenever you select to possess surgery, you’re putting yourself in peril of certain side-effects and problems.
These include things like infections, pain, bleeding, loss of sensitivity, hyper sensitivity and scarring. While vaginoplasties are generally considered to be very safe, you’re putting yourself in danger
No Sex for six Weeks
Most clinics recommend that you simply refrain from intercourse for six weeks as your vagina heals itself following the surgery. this is often both to avoid any possible infections and to make sure that you simply are fully healed.
Pregnancy and Childbirth can Negate the consequences
If you get pregnant and deliver a toddler naturally after having a vaginoplasty procedure, you’ll likely undo all the ‘tightening’ that you simply purchased the surgery to deliver.
We’d suggest waiting until you’ve finished having children before choosing it — unless you’re prepared to not have it last as long because it would normally do.
Doesn’t Guarantee Satisfaction
There are many components to having good sex and high sexual self-worth and having a tighter vagina is simply one tiny fraction during this equation.
Just because you’ve got this procedure, it won’t necessarily mean that you simply suddenly desire the lady you were before having kids or that you and your partner get more satisfaction from sex with one another .
It’s simply a cosmetic procedure not the key to happiness.
Home Remedies for Vaginal Tightening:
For centuries, people are using herbs to treat an enormous range of medical conditions. However, this doesn’t mean it’s an honest idea to place them in your vagina.
The gel inside the burn plant is understood for its lubricating properties and is employed in some lubricating gels. But because it hasn’t been proven as how to tighten the vagina, you shouldn’t apply it to your vagina without chatting with your GP or gynaecologist first.
Witch hazel may be a shrub and its bark and leaves have long been wont to treat inflammation. Applying witch hazel to a sanitary pad and cooling it’s an efficient thanks to ease the soreness of the vagina and vulva after childbirth.However, you shouldn’t apply witch hazel to the within of your vagina. Indeed, you ought to always speak to your GP or gynaecologist before applying any product that hasn’t been prescribed or isn’t specifically designed for vaginal lubrication.
Food should be eaten, not placed inside your vagina. Yet despite this sensible advice, everything from juice and cucumber to garlic and yogurt has been cited as how to cleanse and tighten the vagina.
Apple vinegar is that the go-to tonic for everything from lowering blood glucose levels to helping with weight loss. It’s also been hyped as how to tighten the vaginal canal. However, because vinegar is extremely acidic, it couldn’t only cause pain and irritation but also disrupt the natural balance of bacteria in your vagina. Lemon is claimed to form the vagina more acidic and lower its pH level. However, it can actually irritate the vagina and worsen enuresis symptoms.
So, everyone should first try these home remedies for vaginal tightening before opting for vaginoplasty.
For more such information and updates, stay tuned to our website Dr Amal Al Qedrah.